Question:
What are some good comebacks to people (in a position of power) who make corny jokes or idiotic remarks?
Jakarta Worker
2006-04-06 08:07:35 UTC
I work for people who obviously make ALOT more money than I. I guess they feel their witty banter is above all the levels of Bernie Mac. I get so sick of it and I just need a quick witted response that will subtly let them know that they are not funny, they should not try to be funny and that I just want to get my work done, all without embarassing them (too much.) any suggestions?
Four answers:
2006-04-06 08:12:55 UTC
When they make a stupid joke look at them and say: "Well, I guess they can't all be winners." They probably won't even know what you mean.
lander
2016-10-09 08:59:21 UTC
relies upon on my mood. Nope, no longer inventive adequate. each and every sometimes I snicker at my own jokes, frequently the purely man or woman who does. ok, that is one from the radio I used on easily one of Ask A Mexican's undesirable comic tale Friday's the following in R&S...i have by no skill heard cornier: ok, a guy is going right into a diner. Orders the particular, eggs Benedict. purely he needs the hollandaise on the area, and a double order of it. The waiter brings his plate, leaves & returns with a ginormous silver bowl of sauce. the guy asks the waiter what's up with that. The waiter replies: "yet sir, there is not any plate like chrome for the hollandaise." If I bear in mind I were given BA that week for the most negative comic tale submitted. LOL
lmnop
2006-04-06 11:40:44 UTC
Laugh really loudly and then say "Yes sir, good one sir. Have you considered my request for a raise yet, sir?" If he is really witty, he will understand your sarcasm and might even appreciate YOUR wit.
ht_butterfly27
2006-04-06 13:21:01 UTC
I would cross my arms, roll my eyes, and say I didn't like it.

Or you could just ignore them.

Or start calling them nicknames, like Forrest if they're really slow or McFly if they don't pay attention.